Join me on the search for virtuosity in fashion, interior design and decorative objects, and experience their discovery with me. Just call me Appreciator-in-Chief!

Friday, September 28, 2012

The Color Eggplant

My favorite season is fall.

Having grown up on the East Coast. outside of Boston, my love affair
with this time of year has never wavered though
I now live in Northern California.

I get my fall on in Marin County  and Sonoma, where the leaves change
and the temperatures drop in a way reminiscent of early fall
in New England.

I am lately enamored of an eggplant/oxblood hue, which I am
highlighting in this week's posts.

In keeping with my love of fall, I have always been drawn to the color
palette.  Eggplant is dark enough to evoke the season and is an
option when black is too formal or inappropriate for the occasion.
Eggplant works well with other spicy colors like
nutmegs, greens or pumpkins.

Herewith, some designer options in clothing and acessories.

Let's get the fall rolling!!


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

© IN SEARCH OF THE RARE AND WONDERFUL, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena